On our trip, I seriously gained a few pounds and I really need to cut back now. So I’m going to be incorporating more raw foods into our diet this week. I’ve been scouring the internet for raw food recipes that, like, don’t require a dehydrator. ‘Cause I don’t have one. And I’m moving in the next few months, and I really don’t want another thing to lug around… if you know what I mean.
BUT I’m not going completely raw. Don’t you worry. I’m just incorporating more raw when I can.
Oh, and I’ve been exercising. (Both work days since I returned. Ha!) I walked 1.5 miles on the treadmill in the lunch room on Wednesday, and 1.25 miles on the treadmill yesterday. And now my foot hurts. I don’t think it’s muscular. It just feels funny. I think I’d better bring walking shoes to work. (I was walking barefoot yesterday. I took off my fancy shoes, hence the hurting foot.)
I’m also on a supper-skipping program. I find that I lose the pounds easier when I skip suppers. So I’m trying that out, too, and I already lost 3-4 pounds since Wednesday.
That said, here’s my menu for the week.
- Pancakes for breakfast, with strawberry sauce, banana and grapefruit
- Lunch: butternut squash, baked; unsausage patties with veggie-chicken gravy; kale salad (Told ya I’m trying to do more raw food! This salad looks delicious…)
- Supper: I will probably have a little bit of supper tonight. I’m just planning fruit smoothies, though. Nothing heavy.
- Breakfast: Raw oatmeal muesli with pear and coconut, with leftover strawberry sauce and banana
- Lunch: Hot bean salad (a Mexican-style casserole) and napa cabbage salad
- Breakfast: not sure yet
- Lunch: Nearly raw tahini noodles (another one of my internet finds with more raw potential that I’m going to try). I love tahini-type sauces, and this looks really good. I almost never use all the napa cabbage in one salad, so I’ll use the leftover head in this instead of regular cabbage.
- Supper: I’ll probably skip. I’ll make DH a sandwich or something. He likes vege sandwiches.
Monday through Thursday:
- If you’ve been following my menus frequently, you know that we eat leftovers from our weekend meals for the meals during the week as we both work.
- Breakfast will be hot cereal at least part of the week. Maybe waffles or smoothie and muffins for the next part of the week.
- Oh, and DH is getting his wisdom teeth pulled on Thursday. In “celebration” of this, I get to get a new BlendTec blender before then. (My current blender is about to die. And BlendTec blenders are wonderful. My mom has one. They are a bit expensive, but aren’t as much as the VitaMix. And they have more power.) Next weekend’s menu will likely be soup and soft food…
- On Tuesday, my office is having a “Cinco de Mayo” luncheon. I’m bringing a taco salad.
That’s it for this week, I think! I hope to post some more recipes here shortly.